Volunteering with MIT s&p has been a great way to keep my skills updated and add experience to my résumé… Volunteering fills my life with quality time.
Jackie Phelesteen, MS&PC alum
Never had the time or opportunity to volunteer before? Now could be your chance to try it out! Volunteering is a great way to connect with the community, meet new people, and gain new knowledge and experience. Many of our activities are member-led, so anyone can find a way to get involved and help shape what we do.
Types of Volunteer Opportunities with MIT Spouses & Partners Connect
Behind the Scenes
- Compile our weekly email update
- Design flyers, t-shirts, brochures, promotional material etc.
- Write or edit our blog
- Manage our social media sites
- Maintain and update our website
- Work with our donors, sponsors and alums
Out in Front
- Create and implement Orientation outreach events
- Organize one-time social events and activities
- Greet newcomers as a Wednesday meeting host
- Photograph our events and activities
- Represent MS&PC at Orientation and Information sessions
Taking the Lead
- Start your own activity (with support and resources from MS&PC)
- Ongoing meetings or one-time events
Do not worry about your English skills - volunteers are always needed and welcome, and there are generally no visa requirements. You can volunteer for a one-time event or on a regular basis. You will find information about volunteer opportunities in our weekly email and posted on our Facebook Group. Stop by the weekly newcomers office hour or email us to learn more.
Let’s find a match between our needs and your interests and availability.