“I began to proactively participate in different activities held by MS&PC, which in turn gave me more opportunities to meet new friends and practice English.” Angela Liu.
One Time Events
Members organize weekly, monthly, and one-time events for individuals, couples and families, including evening social events and trips around town. We collaborate with other campus groups to offer events like barbecues, ice skating parties, the kids clothing exchange, and happy hours. Sign up for our email list and check out the calendar, Facebook group and Instagram account to find out about upcoming events
Come enjoy a different activity and meet other spouses every Wednesday. Every week we invite speakers from MIT, the community, or our group to share their expertise; we visit interesting places in Boston; or we socialize around art and fitness.
- When: Wednesdays from 2 p.m. to 3.30 p.m., from September to December and from February to May (unless otherwise noted on the calendar). The room opens at 1.45 p.m. The activity begins at 2:15 p.m. and usually lasts about one hour, one hour and half.
- Where: E23-009, basement.
Join MITFamilies Slack Space
- Want to connect with families who have kids the same age as yours?
- Want to meet people in your neighborhood?
- Tired of having to be on multiple email lists and whatsapp groups to get the information you need?
Welcome to your centralized place to find all of the info you need, customized to your situation and interests - the MITFamilies Slack Space!
Organized by topic channels that you choose, you get the information you need and a community of peers to help answer your questions. MITFamilies is a central place for MIT graduate student and postdoc families (with or without kids) to get information and connect with others in our community.